Welcome to the wxPackJPG project homepage
This is the Homepage of wxPackJPG, a program to losslessly compress image files in the JPEG format.
Features of wxPackJPG:
- It losslessly compresses JPEG image files. For this it uses the library packJPGlib. That means, the resulting files are 100% compatible to packJPG
- Multithreading: wxPackJPG will use every core to compress JPEG files, if multiple files are selected
- Multiplatform: Binaries for Windows 32/64 bit (with and without installers) and OS X are provided, source code is available for compilation on Linux and other Unixes.
- There is a portable version which stores nothing in ini-files or in the registry
wxPackJPG can be used to backup image files in the JPEG format.
They use about 20% less space, but can be restored to bit-identical
Possible future enhancements:
- Multilanguage GUI
- Archive-Format (similar to ZIP, compressing many JPEG files into a single file)
This software has been carefully implemented and tested. The author can however not be held responsible for any damages this software my cause. wxPackJPG is released under the MIT license:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files
(the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge,
publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software,
and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,
subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.